VANRATH IT is proud to be partnering with their client one of the most exciting entrants into the Northern Ireland market place within the last 5 years. The client has hired a number of the most well known technologists within the local market place and continues to hire the top 10%. This is an excellent opportunity for as senior network engineer to work on some of the latest technologies within NI.
The Network engineer will analyse networks and recommend upgrades/changes; assesses organization's current and future network needs. The engineer will manage all network and remote access systems. The current team is team is responsible for all aspects (software and hardware) of the Firm's network systems. Recommends, implements, and maintains network architectures (LAN and WAN).
The Network Engineer will collaborate in the development of best practices, policies, and procedures designed to increase the reliability and efficiency of the Firm's network infrastructure. The position's primary focus is to facilitate network communications throughout the Firm in compliance with organizational policies and standards.
* Responsibility for day-to-day operation of the firm's WAN infrastructure.
* Participate in the development and enforcement of infrastructure standards and policies as they relate to WAN and LAN technologies.
* Participate in defining the Firm's DR/BCP practices as required by governance best practices.
* Maintain the Firm's network-related information repositories (web, database, Sharepoint)
* Provide project management for all network initiatives that are not assigned a dedicated project management resource.
* Possess a Computer Science Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (2:1 preferred)
* 5+ years of experience in mid-large enterprise managing LAN and WAN devices
* Thorough knowledge of WAN/LAN technologies, methods, and practice
* Extensive experience with Wide Area and Local Area Networks
* Ability to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied package programs for use with existing information systems.
* Cisco CCNP
An excellent benefits and reward package is on offer with this role that involves comprehensive training, and the very real chance to progress within a dynamic sector of the IT industry
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Christopher Ryan in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250
Experience: 0 yrs