Head of Corporate Communications
The Police Service of Northern Ireland
As per payscale
The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) works with the community to build a safe, confident and peaceful society.
As Head of Corporate Communications, you’ll use the latest media technology to build the public’s confidence in our work and reduce their fear of crime. You’ll expand our links with public and private bodies to inform their understanding of policing. Your extensive remit will require you to:
- link PSNI activities to our mission and values and broadcast this to a general audience
- oversee internal communications to transmit our strategy and tactics to our colleagues
- analyse a variety of data for effective digital campaigns
- pen strategic responses, position papers and speeches for senior management
- analyse complex issues in real time and prepare concise briefing papers
- lead the organisation in effective political engagement
- manage a department of highly-skilled professionals
- control the corporate communications budget, while delivering first-class communications.
We’re looking for an expert in a media-related field with experience of managing a professional team to deliver multi-channel communications. You will have provided unbiased advice to senior managers, managed budgets, developed corporate policies, liaised with government press departments, and have a working knowledge of the public sector. Above all, you will personify accountability, courtesy, fairness, respect and collaboration.
The Police Service of Northern Ireland is committed to the principles of appointments based on merit with independent assessment, openness and transparency of process. The Police Service is also committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of religious belief, disability, ethnic origin, political opinion, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or whether or not they have dependants.
In aiming to have a workforce representative of the community we serve, applications from Roman Catholics and members of ethnic minority communities are particularly welcome.
For further information and to apply, CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON