Vacancy Reference - 16704
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 7 Teaching Development Manager to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm and expected to last until 28 of June 2019.. The following duties will be required -
* To manage the pedagogic development of our academic staff to ensure the highest standards of teaching occur across the college
* To implement and monitor a college wide strategy for teaching, learning and assessment which focuses on directly intervening with, and supporting classroom and assessment practices
* Working with the Head of Excellence and the Director of Curriculum, to support the roll out of an evidence led workforce development plan for our academic staff, to meet our curriculum needs, and strategic objectives
* To lead on the CIT and PGCEFE programmes (delivered by Ulster University) in terms of college organisation and support for candidates
* Manage the college's bespoke academic staff CPD programme - our Level 4 Certificate in Teaching: Adult & Continuing Education: including facilitating, contracting and co-ordinating of trainers, being responsible for the assessment, IV and EV of the programme
* Manage the new annual 'New Start Support Programme' - a weekly ½ day programme supporting new non-qualified lecturers through developing pedagogic standards in their first year of practice
* Develop the model of practice and lead on implementing and co-ordinating the college's Teaching & Learning Mentor programme
* Manage the non-appraisal observations (inspection related) schedule and develop a peer observation programme & culture
t is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* An Education qualification at level 6 or above - BEd. PGCE or Masters in Education
* A minimum of 3 years' experience in the classroom/education environment working with students aged 14 or older
* Demonstrable excellence in pedagogy
* Demonstrable experience in mentoring individuals and/or teams
* Demonstrable experience of using innovative techniques and technology (including blended learning development) to improve results
* Demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint - in relation to
* Developing & delivering training programmes
* Setting up spreadsheets for monitoring/evaluation
* Producing training and communications materials and monthly reports e.g. for monthly management meetings and quarterly reports to senior management
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.