Vacancy Reference - 16857
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 5 Estate Officer x2 to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, 36 hours per week, Monday to Friday. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last approx. 4 months with possibility if extension.
The following duties will be required -
* The post holder may be required to work in any of the College's delivery locations as necessary
* The Estate Officer shall support the Estates Department in delivering a first class estate function: including design and project management for new build/ refurbishment projects; procurement and contract management
* The Estate Officer will supervise a number of staff including caretakers and administrators
* To manage effectively all Estate activities at your base location
* To implement the Estate Department's operational plans
* To prepare and present reports to internal and external stakeholders
* To be responsible for the design of feasibility, tender documentation, production information data and contract administration of projects
* To assist in the instruction, supervision, and contract administration of College PPP Contracts and for ensuring the College's PFI/PPP providers execute their duties as per the Project Agreements to ensure full contract compliance with legal obligations and management of risks
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* EITHER hold a minimum of an HNC (level 4) qualification in a relevant construction/surveying/Facilities management related discipline, PLUS two years post qualification experience in an estate/ facilities management/surveying or construction related environment
* Hold a minimum of a HND (level 5) qualification in a relevant construction/surveying/Facilities Management related discipline PLUS one year's post qualification experience in an estate/ facilities management/surveying or construction related environment
Relevant experience is defined as working within a legal or business environment undertaking legal ir administrative support, with experience in the use of computerised systems
* Experience of supervising staff
* Fully conversant with Microsoft Office applications
* Proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD software (including the production of detailed technical drawings)
* Experience of the management of risk
* Working knowledge of Construction Contract Law
* Working Knowledge of Health & Safety
* Working Knowledge of Building Regulations
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.