Up to £35,000 plus benefits
Your new company and role
HNH Human Capital are working with a global professional shared services centre based in Belfast to recruit a Senior Librarian for a Team Lead position within the company. The Library team supports the global network of offices by purchasing and managing information resources – both print and online. For the UK offices it is responsible for the management of the library collections including acquisitions, cataloguing, organisation and circulation of stock, and the administration of online and print subscriptions. It also supports the international offices with the identification, purchase and processing of new materials, subscription administration, cost monitoring and collection management advice. For some offices the team provides a remote library management service. In the wider team the Librarians work closely with London practice groups on their library service requirements.
The team is also responsible for the administration, development and exploitation of the automated global library management system (LMS) including running reports, training and advising business users and international colleagues.
The Senior Librarian comprises two roles: that of supervisor of the function based in the Belfast office and that of senior librarian leading the Belfast Library function. In the latter role the post holder is guided by and affiliated to the Library Manager (London).
The Senior Librarian (Team Lead) is a senior role within the Belfast team with line management and operational responsibilities. The key purpose of this role is to provide local office engagement, to provide day to day supervision of the Belfast Research & Library team and to manage the Library function as part of the wider Library service
- Global Head, Research & Library
- Library Manager (London)
- Research Manager (London)
- Belfast Research & Library team
- Belfast management team
- Accounts Payable team
- External suppliers
- Practice and local office Librarians
What you can offer as a Senior Librarian?
This is a varied role requiring enthusiasm and energy. You will need to be a quick learner with common sense and the ability to communicate effectively within a team environment. A professional attitude is expected at all times.
Specific experience and skills required include:
- 2+ years of line management experience
- 3-5 years’ experience of cataloguing, classification & abstracting
- Legal or financial subject knowledge desirable
- Library and information qualification
- Technical expertise and fluency in the use of software and online products such as MS Office, automated library management systems (LMS), SharePoint, eBooks and journals
- A demonstrable interest in library work and a good eye for detail
- Ability to train local and international colleagues and business users
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- A professional, solutions oriented approach and a proactive "can do" attitude
- Adaptable, resilient and flexible approach to work
- Keen, quick learner
- The ability to manage expectations and negotiate deadlines
- Be enthusiastic in providing a quality service to clients
How you will be rewarded?
You will receive a remuneration package of circa £35,000 plus access to company benefits including, private healthcare, gym membership, salary sacrifice scheme for holidays, bike loans and childcare vouchers as well as various health and wellbeing benefits.
How can you apply today?
Please forward your CV to our Associate Director Fionntán Gamble at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02890 278 155 for further information on the process.