Temporary Term Time
Grafton Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Employability Office in Belfast City centre.
This role is a temporary role but is due to last the length of the term. As an employability Officer you will provide a work placement support service to young people who require support whilst undertaking different training programmes.
- Organise work placements and support students in the work placement process.
- Prepare students for interviews/introductory meetings with potential new employers and accompany them to these.
- Prepare student for their first day on placement to ensure they know what is expected of them and what they can do to make the right start.
- Organise and attend placement visits to monitor the progress of students, and deal effectively with any issues/concerns that arise.
- Assist the Co-ordinator with the monitoring and evidencing of progress against Performance Targets set.
- Provide monthly updates to the Co-ordinator on the young person's progress.
- Maintain a confidential and effective system for processing and maintaining all internal documentation.
- 5 G.C.S.E's at Grade C or equivalent to include English and Maths.
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working in an education environment.
- High level of organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to actively listen and relate to children, young people and adults in an empathetic manner, valuing their views, experience and recognise their strengths.
- Support students with confidence and/or anxiety issues in a one-to-one setting.
- Access to own car is essential.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you meet the essential criteria for this role please attach your CV for consideration for the attention of Katie Doyle.
Experience: 0 yrs