Vacancy Reference - 16974
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 6 Fitness to Practise Officer to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last until March 2019 with possibility of extension.
The following duties will be required -
* Carry out investigations into the suitability of applicants for registration.
* Carry out investigations into referrals and allegations about registered social workers and social care workers.
* Ensure that investigatory processes are carried out in accordance with established procedure and legislative requirements and that methods of investigation comply with best practice
* Provide advice to social workers and social care workers on matters relating to fitness to practise
* Gain co-operation of Registrants using negotiation skills in order to obtain agreement for consensual disposal of cases where deemed appropriate.
* Analyse highly complex, sensitive and/or contentious information about registrants' fitness to practise and exercise professional judgement and decision-making in relation to disposal of cases.
* Produce analytical and evidence-based reports, which make recommendations for the disposal of the case, to go before/be considered in formal hearings.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Possess a degree or a professional qualification in law, human resources or social work and at least two years' relevant experience to include experience of formal investigation and presenting information in formal settings, for example, court settings, disciplinary hearings or case conferences.
* At least five years' relevant experience to include experience of formal investigation and of presenting information in formal settings, for example, court settings, disciplinary hearings or case conferences
* Ability to assess and advise on risk and public protection issues
* Ability to produce clear, evidence-based reports on complex matters
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Ability to use Microsoft Suite of IT packages
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.