MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting a Legal Bookkeeper for a leading professional law firm based in Belfast city centre.
This is an exciting time to be joining our clients forward thinking business who pride themselves on offering a modern supportive environment whilst offering excellent client care.
As Legal Bookkeeper you will play an integral role within the Finance operations. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will have responsibility for the preparation of accounts to trial balance whilst maintaining an efficient finance function.
Reporting to a Financial Controller your responsibilities are as follows:
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Managing Accounts Payable including receipting invoices, reconciling monthly statements
- Responsible for client ledgers including opening and closing of client matters including posting of outlays and disbursements
- Banking duties such as raising cheques, posting to relevant ledgers, daily bank lodgements and transferring funds
- Bank reconciliations
- Ensuring accurate daily recording of all financial transactions including back ups
- Assisting the FC in month and year end reporting
What we're expecting to see in candidates:
- Qualified Accounting Technician, or extensive experience in a similar role including knowledge of law society regulations
- Excellent numerical skill and attention to detail with ability to analyse and interpret data.
- The ability to work with a high level of confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload to meet deadlines.
- To be flexible, open to change and work as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this role could potentially be of interest. Please contact Stephen Turkington, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs