We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit an Assistant Accountant for the Belfast area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week, at rate of £14.18 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working on a range of duties under the direction of the relevant Business Partner/Senior Accountant for a domestic response maintenance contract and provide a high quality service in a timely and professional manner. You will ensure that all work is carried out to an extremely high standard, and that all Client requirements are attended to.
* Candidates must hold one of the following qualifications:
* The final examinations of AAT or IATI;
* The foundation papers of a CCAB body (or equivalent)
* A relevant Bachelor’s degree (where accounting is the major component) or equivalent qualification
* Candidates must demonstrate a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accounting environment in at least 3 of the following areas in their application
* Experience in budget setting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting of expenditure.
* Experience in the preparation of statutory accounts.
* Experience in the identification and implementation of business process improvements within a finance environment in order to drive improved performance.
* Experience in managing a team (Manager/Supervisor role) within a busy finance environment in order to ensure deadlines are achieved and procedures followed, whilst ensuring suitable arrangements for staff training, motivation, discipline and performance assessment.
* Experience in the use of an integrated financial management system, linked reporting tools and advanced spreadsheets skills.
* Experience in writing reports using SAP Business Objects/Crystal report writing tool.
* Experience in finance systems implementation projects, demonstrating experience in a key role in any of the following: project management, system testing, production of control procedure documentation, implementation support and training.
Benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment:
* Competitive weekly pay
* Positions exclusive to Kennedy Recruitment
* Chance to be considered for more desirable opportunities
* Ongoing training and support with our specialist Consultants
* Opportunity to progress your career with Kennedy recruitment
How to apply:
To be considered for this role click on the ‘Apply’ button and upload a copy of your CV. You can also call us on 028 9033 0555 to speak with a member of our team.
We look forward to speaking with you soon and discussing this opportunity, as well as the many benefits of registering with Kennedy Recruitment.
Please note that only those candidates shortlisted for the role may be contacted.
For this role Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business. Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
A Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26 will be required before commencement of this role. Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
Under normal circumstances the successful candidate will start at the bottom of the scale and receive annual incremental pay increases. However, under our client’s policy, there is flexibility to start at a higher point within the scale based on an applicant’s previous salary. This can be discussed further at offer stage.