Finance Business Partner, Management Accountant
Your new company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are representing a Top 100 organisation in the appointment of a permanent Finance Business Partner to join a successful and experienced management accounts team.
Reporting to the Head of Management Accounts the Finance Business Partner will ensure the provision of high quality advice, information, analysis and interpretation to budget holders to underpin effective decision making, meaningful performance management and meet statutory requirements.
Your new role
As a Management Accountant / Finance Business Partner, they will ensure the provision of high quality advice, information, analysis and interpretation to budget holders to underpin effective decision making, meaningful performance management and meet statutory requirements. They will achieve high customer satisfaction levels and make a real and demonstrable difference to the delivery of the business areas objectives.
The Management Accountant / Finance Business Partner is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of operational financial management within the functional area. The role is expected to operate at a strategic level building strong relationships with internal and external partners and being a key and active member of senior manager forums
The main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Co-ordinate the development of financial plans both in the longer term for strategic business plans, and in the shorter term for budgeting and forecasting.
- Provide input into the development of the business area's strategy and help deliver to stakeholders.
- Performance measurement against budget and forecast, through appropriate reporting and analysis. Presentation of the month's financial performance both written and verbally.
- Provide timely and accurate management information and advice to budget holders to allow effective management of their budgets and assist them in carrying out their financial duties, constructively challenging where appropriate.
- Analyse, interpret and communicate financial and performance data, and provide financial advice in the form of management and board reports. Complete financial returns and questionnaires as required.
- Policy development and implementation for coding, pricing, financial controls and procedures.
- Support in cost management and to move the organisation towards efficiency and effectiveness. Ability to lead on benefits realisation & tracking with the business.
- Support for the business in the creation of business cases and investment appraisal.
- Assisting in the completion of Regulatory Returns.
What you'll need to succeed
- Applicants should be a member of a recognised professional Accounting body i.e. ACA/AGMA/ACCA, and display excellent MS Office skills.
- 2 years post qualification experience in a similar 3. Demonstrable experience of management reporting.
- Demonstrable experience of business partnering and financial planning
- A proven ability to influence and build relationships at a senior level.
- A proven ability to think strategically, anticipate problems and provide sound solutions.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary ranging from 36-47K including a very extensive benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Elaine McCullagh on 02890446911 for a confidential conversation and full job spec.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs