Indirect Tax Manager, Vat Specialist
Your new company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are working alongside a prestigious public sector organisation to appoint an Indirect Tax Manager. This position offering a salary banding between 38-47K, significant benefits package including up to a 25% Pension, Extensive Holidays, flexible working and working with a very sought after employer of choice.
Your new role
The role of Indirect Tax Manager will take the lead in helping the Group manage its indirect tax compliance obligations, and will be responsible for providing sound, technically up- to- date indirect tax advice to the businesses.
With the support of our Group Tax Manager, the successful post holder will:
- Oversee the entire indirect tax function of the Group.
- Have the opportunity to develop relationships with teams across the businesses, delivering high quality tax advice on all aspects of VAT issues, compliance, reviews, and enquiries.
- Gain excellent exposure to a diverse range of indirect tax matters, including environmental taxes.
- Provide support and advice on new and exciting initiatives being implemented across the Group.
- Support any necessary accounting system tax logic changes that are necessary resulting from legislative or business change.
What you'll need to succeed
It would be beneficial to have experience within other areas of indirect tax, environmental taxes, VAT Matters and large financial systems.
Successfully completed the following professional examinations and be a member of one of the following bodies:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland; - The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland; - The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales; - The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants; - The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants; or - The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
* Experience specialising predominantly in VAT.
* Strong accounting and tax technical skills including expertise in VAT.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel in a finance environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Elaine McCullagh at Hays for a confidential conversation.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs