Assistant Audit Manager
Your new company
A top class professional services firm in Belfast with an excellent reputation have had a number of high profile wins recently and are hoping to add to their high calibre Audit team.
Work with an international firm, work with impressive local clients and keep your travel to a real minimum.
Your new role
As an Audit Assistant Manager, you will be expected to be in charge of planning, organising, reviewing and controlling the completion of all aspects of the audit engagement for review by the engagement partner, to include:
- Take responsibility for delivery of high quality audit work and the production of excellent working papers and summaries of information
- Direct field teams and provide on the job coaching
- Engage directly with clients, including attendance at audit planning and close meetings
- Prepare high quality client deliverables
- Review the work of field teams
- Review financial statements for compliance with accounting and legal requirements
- Close all queries raised by partner on audit work papers
- Complete Audit files; bring assignment to completion
- Work closely with field teams to identify opportunities for better working practices including leading the implementation of innovative tools
- Demonstrate commitment to audit quality
- Take responsibility for practice management activities
- Travel to client sites, albeit they are predominately based in Northern Ireland.
What you'll need to succeed
As an experienced audit practitioner you will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- An ACA qualification
- Excellent knowledge of auditing and accounting. You will have experience in Audit and some experience in Accounts Preparation
- Responsibility for planning client engagements and leading audit teams
- Initiative and ability to work without supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills, in particular, business report writing
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Sound computer literacy; MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with computer based auditing systems advantageous
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity which will provide for a challenging and exciting work environment, interesting and varied projects, structured promotion opportunities and on-going training. My clients significant growth plans are largely based in the Northern Ireland market and therefore this role will have limited travel outside of Northern Ireland.
The key selling points here would be the market leading salary & pension contribution, a clearly visible and attainable progression path, the option to work on non-audit engagements and early finishes on Friday.
Also you will be joining a social and welcoming team and have access to cutting edge training and support. Work-life balance is promoted, there will be busy periods however in general the working hours will not be overwhelming and could be described as friendly compared with Audit teams in similar sized firms.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE is strongly encouraged and made possible due to effective planning, work-load allocation and a personal approach to accommodating personal circumstances.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs