MCS Group is working in partnership with a market leading firm in Belfast to source a VAT Specialist to join their team at the height if their success. The business has doubled in size and has tripled in revenue over the past four years, which reflects positively on the way the firm is managed. This firm gone to great lengths to understand the needs and wants of their employees; tailoring each role to the individual and assuring they get the most out of their working life.
- You will take up a client facing role responsible for delivering VAT work across a broad range business.
- You will have the opportunity to build a portfolio of NI-based clients, delivering high quality tax advice on all aspects of VAT issues, compliance, reviews, and due diligence.
- You will build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of service, proactively identifying opportunities.
- You will have supervisory responsibilities over more junior members of the team; guiding and mentoring when required.
When You Progress:
- You will undertake strategic reviews and related assignments with an ability to influence at Board level.
- You will be managing the profitability of the client portfolios, ensuring all assignments are completed within budget, and negotiating additional fees where possible.
- You must have significant understanding and demonstrable experience in VAT, ideally within a large or mid-tier accountancy practice.
- You will ideally have a relevant tax or accountancy qualification (CTA, ACA, or equivalent); however, candidates with significant tax experience may be considered.
- You should be a strong communicator with an ability to deliver a quality-orientated service and develop strong client relationships.
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working options
- Varied workload with exciting ad-hoc projects
- Excellent client interaction
- Little travel outside Northern Ireland
- Further training and professional development
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Caroline Gaughan, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit our website to view a wide selection of our current jobs.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs