Your new company
Hays Legal are recruiting on behalf of a leading Public Sector Organisation for an experienced Family Law Solicitor. The organisation is based in Belfast City Centre and the role is a contract position up to 12 months in duration.
Your new role
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide specialist timely advice, including emergency advice, to clients regarding Public Family Law. This will require a detailed knowledge of the relevant law including The Children (NI) Order 1995, the Adoption (NI) Order 1987, and obligations under the ECHR, Judicial Review and Common Law powers including Declaratory Orders and the inherent jurisdiction of the High Court.
- Maintaining personal responsibility for progressing a case load in any court throughout Northern Ireland. This will include:
- the provision of initial advice at the outset; drafting pleadings including Threshold criteria, c2 applications, letters of instruction, legal submissions and other court documentation as required. - Assisting clients prepare for Courts. - Clarifying instructions and acting on those.
- Appearing personally to present evidence and legal arguments to the Court, or occasionally instructing Counsel to do so, all to ensure that the interests of clients and public funds are adequately protected.
- Providing the client with a timely emailed summary of each review/hearing to include further directions.
- Assist colleagues including covering cases in all courts as required; to actively participate in group emails requesting consideration of legal issues and sharing relevant information and precedents
- To provide advices and training for clients and other staff within wider team, as required on relevant legal issues and to provide written updates on relevant legal developments as required.
- To act as Legal Advisor for an Adoption Panel.
- To participate, advise and assist in projects; pilots and working groups in relation to development of policy and good practice relevant to this area within the sector.
- Provide specialist advice/representation for potential and actual judicial review associated with Public Family Law.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrate at least 5 years post qualification experience, within the last 7 years.
- Demonstrate experience in providing Legal advice and representation in the area of public family law.
- Be a Solicitor eligible to practise in Northern Ireland, at the time of the application.
- The post holder may be required to travel throughout Northern Ireland and, on occasions, within the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, and elsewhere.
- The successful candidate must hold a full current driving licence (valid in the UK) and have access to a car at the closing date or have *access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to carry out the duties of the post in full. (*this relates only to any person who has declared that they have a disability, which debars them from driving).
What you'll get in return
A very competitive market salary is on offer subject to experience - ranging from SALARY: £48,756 - £59,370 HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs