MCS Group are very excited to be partnering with a public organisation that have a growing payroll team and need an experienced Payroll Officer to come in for a 6-9 month period which may be extended. They would be based in the Ards area and offer a flexi-time scheme as well as car parking.
Are you an experienced payroll professional? Looking for an opportunity to join i vibrant growing team in the public sector?
You will be joining a strong payroll team, that is well established within the organisation. They are well known within the area and offer support and opportunities to locals when required. You will be working with a strong team and learning from experienced individuals.
As the successful Payroll Officer, you will be reporting into a Team leader. You will be responsible for the following;
- Ensure all payroll is processed each in a timely and accurate manner
- Delivering end to end payroll including sick, maternity, paternity pay, calculating various deductions, pay increases and arrears of pay.
- BACS files for the payment of employees
- Create and maintain master payroll files
- Reconcile figures of tax
- National insurance
- Pensions on a period by period basis
- Maintaining pension schemes including new entrants, transfers and leavers
- Balancing year end reports within deadlines
- Processing staff expenses
- Must have experience of processing payroll from end to end
- Must experience with large payroll functions
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll compliance
- Proficient with payroll software
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy team for a contract period and with the potential of it lasting longer. A great opportunity to experience the payroll function within a large public organisation.
- Salary bracket from £18-£21
- Car parking
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest. Please contact Beth Wylie, Specialist Public Sector and Not for profit Consultant at MCS Group and send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs